I know I've already asked this once, but...Did anyone have an abnormal pap smear at their 6 week post partum appointment?

My OB just called and told me the results for the pap I had done on Monday came back abnormal and they were going to have to do a colposcopy. Has anyone ever had this done? And if so, what were the results? I am only 21 years old and just had my first child(and last for a while, if not ever) and I am scared of what it the results will be!!

MadisonsMom0408

Asked by MadisonsMom0408 at 3:35 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have ahd alot of abnormal paps in my life and the most common cause is either its close to your time of the month or you had sex too close to the gyn apt. i have has a colposcopy done they are torribly uncomfortable but not really painfull just rest that day because i tried going out the day i had mine and got terrible cramps because i did too much. i also like the pp have hpv but i have a non cancerous type i dont know how i got mine. hpv is not a death sentence but it does mean you will have to have a pap every 6 months for a while to make sure its under controll
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 5:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I have but my results will probably be different than your's. Because of my darling ex (whom I loathe with all that I am because he cheated on me NUMEROUS times) I was diagnosed with HPV, which in turn became cervical cancer because it went untreated due to my pregnancy at the time. I would ask your doctor to test you for HPV.

(BTW: I am answering anon because I have told no one on CM about my diagnosis and I prefer to keep it that way for personal reasons.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding?  I ask because I had a pap smear about 6 weeks after I gave birth and the doctor asked me if I was breastfeeding.  When I said yes, she said she would mark it down on the paperwork because breastfeeding could alter the results.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:10 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I already had abnormal paps, also due to HPV. The colposcopy is not horrible, it's like the other post said that it is just a little akward. If I remember right, they did offer me a valium. One time I took and one time I didn't, but I will from now on if I have another. Like jaja said, if it comes back that that's what it is, it's not a death sentence
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Yeah. Not enough specium was used. Or they mix up test. Been there . Offices makes mistakes all the time.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Ya I did
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 9:58 AM on May. 21, 2009