Ok I have this idea.. I need some input on it. My kids love to get into stuff. everything. so I thought if I bought some craft things the kids would love and pick 3 days out of the week we could all sit down and play with them maybe they will learn not to get into everything and learn to take care of things. is this a stupid thing or do you think it will help them learn? anyone that can answer this I would love it!

smtwngrl_27

Asked by smtwngrl_27 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't think this is stupid. You can even go so far as to make an activity calendar and plan out what you will be doing each week. It may help you prepare you for more learning opportunities associated with the crafts.
    AngieVee

Answer by AngieVee at 4:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sounds like a great idea!!! and fun too. Kids always learn more effectively if it is fun. Your a cool mom. Go for it.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Great idea...kids love to create and experiment. We have an art store, parents are always asking for kids' classes. I keep a box of things my kids can use at anytime...nothing else is to be touched without help. I keep cards to cut up, blank cards, stickers, glue stick, markers, scrap papers, and such in the box. This satisfies their need to create when I can't help.
    onceagain4u2

Answer by onceagain4u2 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think its a great idea! I use to do lots of crafts with my kids. Their favorite of course was finding pine cones and rolling them in peanut butter then bird sead then hanging them from tree's.
    s_r_d3

Answer by s_r_d3 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We have an "activity cabinet" in my dinning room with all of the kids' paint, crayons, markers, pencils, notebooks, coloring books, glue, popsicle sticks, feathers, etc. I find ideas online for craft projects that are age appropriate and then we "go to town", lol. It's a good idea! My kids get their fill of being messy and it isn't as tempting to get into other things.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• This is a great idea, I do something similar for my kids so they have their stickers and paints and papers to work with while I do my scrapbooks. Keeps them busy and creative!
    jjmoms

Answer by jjmoms at 9:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think it's a great idea... art time + structure... sounds good to me! Have fun!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• constructive quality time with the kids is never a bad idea. Not sure if it will keep them out of stuff though. If I let mine touch something once, they think its always cool to touch it
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My son is still pretty young but it sounds like a good idea. I gave him a plastic box full of fabric scraps. He pulls them out and puts them in, feels them, tells me what's on them, and when he's older he can sort them and do all kinds of stuff.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 3:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Its not at all stupid. Anytime you can get kids to be creative is great! If you have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels close by they have any & everything you might want, along with age specific ideas. Hey you never know, you might nuture a budding artist!! My son who is 19 still likes to do xmas oranaments with me each year. Please dont tell his buddies! LOL!
    kymom2boys

Answer by kymom2boys at 2:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2008