surrogate mother?

Would anyone consider being a surrogate mother?

I would do it for close friends, family, extended family.
I feel for women who can't conceive on their own, what about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would in a heartbeat
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:00 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't think I could. I am very emotional and I don't think I'd be able to separate my emotions from the child.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:03 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Even if it was their fertilized eggs placed inside you?
    I'm not saying you're wrong for not thinking you could.
    I am emotional too, so i understand that part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would WANT do it for someone I was VERY close to, but IDK if I could because I would grow attached to the baby while I was preggo, I know me and that is what I would do. But if it weren't for that, yeah. And even if it was their eggs, it is still growing in your body...you are the one that feels the kicks, has the heartburn, morning sickness, etc, lol. That is not something you can just throw to the side.
    1BlessedRedneck

Answer by 1BlessedRedneck at 4:14 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Like redneck said, I would get attached to the unborn baby, I give props to those who are actually strong enough to be a surrogate mother because they really are helping women out... but im just not emotionally strong enough... that baby would come out and i would be like it baked in my oven so its mine!!!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:39 AM on May. 21, 2009

• That is true. I haven't had any heartburn or morning sickness in my pregnancy (I'm almost 37 weeks).
    But all pregnancies are different.
    But if it was for a loved one, I hope I'd be able to do it.

My best friend has horrible kidney problems, and I've told her if she can't get pregnant later in life, I would carry her child for her, because she's like the sister I never had. And I know she wants children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I tried to be one for my sister in law but, I think because I was a close family member She didn't want that. I would be a surrogate for anyone as long as it was her eggs I couldn't use my eggs due to the close personal connection but, I would gladly be the "house" lol and give someone the gift I was given 2 times. Any takers LOL?
    BigboyMom

Answer by BigboyMom at 7:06 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It's not that I would not it's that I could not.

I'm terrified of getting to attached to the baby and then having my heart ripped apart when I have to give the baby over even if the baby was never genetically mine.

I don't mind being pregnant at all but the emotional side of it is very scary and I think that anyone who has these thoughts or doubts probably isn't a good candidate to carry someone elses child.

I DO have nothing but respect for women who can do this and I think they are AMAZING women but it's just not something God has planned for me.

I thought about doing it for my step mom because they've been trying to get pregnant for 10 years but I know I couldn't carry a baby and then leave the hospital without him or her.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on May. 21, 2009

• As long as it's their sperm and egg I wouldn't mind carrying some one elses child. I would have to get paid for it though because 9 months is a long time and it changes your life dramatically.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on May. 21, 2009

• If you ladies would send my friend some baby dust right now, she was actually recently implanted to be a surrogate mom for a woman she barely knows (but loves to pieces). They find out the 27th and the 29th if the baby has implanted and is doing well!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:18 AM on May. 21, 2009