Sex before 6 week checkup.. Help!

I was just curious if it was ok to have it before your 6 week checkup after having your child.. I had to get stitches but they said those would disolve in a week or two and im not bleeding anymore.. They say your not supposed to but ive heard of people doing it anyways and being just fine. My appointment is in less than 2 weeks but I just dont want to wait that long lol... Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• just as long as you're comfortable than you will be fine
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:40 AM on May. 21, 2009

• just take it slow, i just had my son on the 2nd and my husband and i just had sex for the first time since then yesterday and i feel fine. just go slow and try not to change positions as that can start to hurt. and if it hurts just stop and try again another time good luck!
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 5:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Use lubricant, and if you are not exclusively breastfeeding, a condom to reduce your chances of another pregnancy too soon. Otherwise, if it feels good, do it!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 5:15 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Even if you are exclusively breastfeeding still be careful, it is a misconception that you won't get prego while exclusively breastfeeding you can get pregnant especially now. But as noted if you feel good, go for it and take it slow like posted above me make sure to use lubricant.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 5:47 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I always heard you are not supposed to have sex until after 6 weeks and I always stuck to that rule. I never had the desire to do it before that but if you feel the desire more power to ya!
    Be careful.. I remember the nurse telling me about a couple that she discharged after having a baby. She told them "nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks" About 9 months later they were back in the hospital having twins :0

--Don't forget to use a condom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't do it... you were cut or ripped and that cut didn't stop on the outside (inside takes longer to heal). It takes a woman an average of 5 years to fully recover from having a baby, and 2 weeks just isn't worth messing something up in there. I broke a couple of my stitches (not having sex) and caused myself months of misery where sex was concerned. I'm not saying that to scare you, I'm saying it because I hope no woman has to go thru what I did. If you didn't have stitches I'd have said, if you feel that you're ready and you're not bleeding maybe.... but with stitches, I promise if it's not healed on the inside you won't like if you tear it back open.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:11 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I tore and had stitches. Had sex after 3 1/2 weeks :) Just make sure to take it slowly and if you have a lot of pain to stop - you don't want to tear again! But everything that I have read on it says that you are fine so long as you are comfortable with it. Have fun!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:58 AM on May. 21, 2009