Too early for braxton hicks... just nerves?

I am only about 2 weeks pregnant (going from conception not last period) and for about an hour I have felt almost a constant braxton hicks contraction. This is my second baby and I got them very early with my first and they never stopped! But I know its too early for this right now. My uterus isn't even up at the top of my belly where I'm feeling this so its more than impossible lol Could it just be nerves causing a feeling like this? Thanks ladies =]

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 6:45 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It more than likely your body getting adjusted. After all around this time you would be getting your cycle. As long as you are not having pain or start actually bleeding you are good. I did have Braxton hicks early my second baby..around 8 weeks all the way until I had her. The doc said it was normal.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 6:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Actually braxton hicks start from the beginning of pregnancy which is why they can often see them on ultra sounds in the first few weeks but most women don't start feeling them until at least the 2nd trimester. SO what you're feeling could be braxton hicks but it also may just be your uterus stretching and growing for that baby that is rapidly growing.

If your concerned call the doctor but I think you'll be fine! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 21, 2009