• In the Spotlight:

900 simulus

who all qualifies, requirements, when do you get it etc... anyone know ANYTHING about it?? I am stumped

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 8:09 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry hun, what are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 21, 2009

• No clue as to what you are talking about. Was it on the news? Where did you hear about it?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:19 AM on May. 21, 2009

• i heard of someone getting a 900.00 simulus on another site lol i didnt know anything either
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 8:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Last years stimulus may have yielded $900. But Obama's is $13/week. Unless you are SSI than it is a flat check of $250.00. hope that helps.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:29 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Not sure what you're talking about. But I'm on disability anf just got my $250 last week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I heard that only t he people receiving disability would get a stimulus. Check that out, though, because I'm not sure.
    Jynx1978

Answer by Jynx1978 at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2009

• No checks just 13 bucks a week. We did not even notice ours.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It is stimulus, not simulus - maybe thats why you can find anything - also it is only for the working - an adjustment is made to your federal withholding on your paycheck. All they did was lower the income tax at the lowest bracket - $600 over the course of the year.
    toastmama

Answer by toastmama at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Actually there is no 900 stimulus. It was Single americans get 400 over 9 mo. and families get $800. That is done by your employer adjusting your tax rate. From what I have found it is not scientific because some are getting none and some are gettin gway more than they should. This means some will get a bit more back next filing season and some will owe depending on the numbers your employer used. (only the gov would set something so iffy up ) The number should be about $20 a week depending on how many mo. have 5 weeks but we are only getting $7.50. I have heard many other amounts from other people.
    Aside from that the rest of the stimulus is supposed to go to banks and also individual states for whatever. (another great move by the gov.)
    As of now less than 10% has gotten out to do anything. Even Obama said much of it will not be seen till 2010-2012
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:58 PM on May. 21, 2009