Another spin-off.... :D

spin-off of the question on homosexual sex acts........SO, is it wrong for STRAIGHT people to do sex acts like anal, oral, doggy-style, etc, etc in your religion? If so, why? Is it in the bible (or other religious texts)? What are the passages that mention it?

I am not baiting, I actually wanted to know since it was mentioned in the other question.....I have heard some Christians believe you can only do it "missionary style" but that was a long time ago, I don't remember where I heard it.

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 8:55 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People misinterpret culturally-based suggestions in the New Testament as being rules for 21st century living. They want to take one verse where it says that homosexuality is wrong and make it law but when another verse by the same author tells them to submit to their husbands and cover their heads, they ignore it lol. The fact of the matter is, people rarely read what the Bible has to say for ITSELF. They interpret the Bible to fit the personal preferences, opinions and agendas they already have.

I agree that the Bible does want us to be free from sexual immortality. We see throughout the history of various cultures that immorality is based ON the standards of the culture whatever time period you're currently in (i.e. it was once slutty to show your elbows but now it's not). Therefore, I think a lot of the suggestions about relationships and sex in the Bible are based on the culture in the 1st century. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:48 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Nope... Oral is awesome...

Not to crazy about doggy, but I deal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 AM on May. 21, 2009

• There are some who believe missionary only... That's something that's not quite as mainstream today, though.
    I know that in the Bible it talks about sexual immorality or whatever, and I'm sure people use that to support the claims that only certain things are okay in the bedroom.
    Me? I believe that couples are more than welcome to decide for themselves what they're comfortable with, and how they want to engage themselves sexually.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:59 AM on May. 21, 2009

• oral is great and so is the rest of it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• nothing in our religion against it :) right MCG :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• islam prohibits anal sex , men or women.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:22 AM on May. 21, 2009

• There are a couple passages that speak of orgies/carousing/sensuality. 1 Peter 4 In this book Peter is talking to several young christians in Asia , Galatia and so forth. He was telling them they have gone far enough doing what the pagans/ gentiles do and to put away these things. It does not mention whether he was speaking to marrieds or singles or both but he was speaking to all.

Galatians 5:16-26 speaks on what not to do and to do and again he was speaking to the young christians in Galatia about how they needed to change their behavior and not live like the world does ( gentiles/pagans)
    I personally find some of these sexual positions to be perverse. That is just my personal observation.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:28 AM on May. 21, 2009

• there are principles to follow.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:13 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Sex, in my belief, is something to be enjoyed. It brings you closer together...unity as two souls,etc.

Enjoy it, whatever that means to you and your partner.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I think, instead of encouraging to damn each other over our misinterpretations of his writings, Paul made it very clear that we are to live normal lives, get all of the distractions and bickering out of the way and focus on following Jesus' teachings. He made it very clear to stop worry about what others are doing and to worry about your relationship with Christ instead.

Paul says in God there is no Greek or Jew, slave nor free, MALE NOR FEMALE.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2009