• In the Spotlight:

So much to do and absolutely no motivation!

This past weekend we painted the hall and kitchen of our open concept main floor. As a result of that we have moved everything into the living and dinning area. I just can't get motivated to do anything about it but I need to.
What do you do to motivate yourself when all you want to do it crawl under a rock to avoid the mess?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:01 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, I usually just sit on the couch and hate myself lol.. DAMN DEPRESSION! Actually I've found that just getting up and starting to do it, even if it's extremely difficult to do, will get you into the swing of things. Before you know it you won't notice that you didn't want to do it and afterwards you're going to feel MUCH better about yourself for doing it!
    JUST DO IT , like nike says lol.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:08 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My daily dose of ritalin is the thing that does it for me most of the time. It's a prescription but it helps give me energy and concentrate on whatever it is I have to do. In this case it's cleaning and that is what I was doing all night since 3 a.m. after I finished my work. I am going to get back to it now.

Have a great day and I hope you can find the motivation to get through the day and do what you need to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Set a timer for 15 minuetes you would be suprised at what you can do in that amount of time. Then take a break or do something else then go back for another 15 sometimes we tend to put off something that we dont want to do or looks like it would take to much time.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• That's funny, for the last few days my SO and I have been re-doing everything about our living room (paint/flooring/the trim...aaaaargh!) honestly I wanted to stop days ago, the only thing keeping me going is the ticking time bomb that is my daughter (I'm 33 weeks prego, have to get it done before she gets here!). I wish there was something I could say to you, I know how you feel!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:07 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Music always helps me! Just turn on the radio, crank it loud enough to jam to and get your hips wiggling then just get to it and do it! lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:11 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It's so hard! I guess just start small and maybe you'll get into it. OR you could get angry. I clean like a whirl wind when I'm angry!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:23 AM on May. 21, 2009

• momofkearra and mommabear have the right ideas! Crank your favorite music and just do it! Once you begin you will build a momentum that will be hard to stop until you are finished.
    You can do it! And when you are finished you will be so proud of yourself for it!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:30 AM on May. 21, 2009

• lmao beckcorc....I clean like a bat out of hell when I'm angry too! It's always a HUGE tip off to my dh when I'm jetting around the house cleaning everything from top to bottom, then he knows something's wrong and no amount of 'I'm fine' would convince him that nothing's wrong. lol Once I start wiping ceilings he starts thinking REALLY hard about what he may have done. lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:34 AM on May. 21, 2009