Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I go on my own with 3 kids and extremely limited money?

I am 44 yrs old and have 4 kids, ages 22, 19, 16 & 4 (which the latter 3, live home). My 19 yr old son will be attending The Natonal Aviation Academy in Clearwater Florida in July. Problem is, I would like to leave my boyfriend ( we are NOT married) of 1 year ( different cultures and NOTHING in common at all). I'm unemployed and get child support for 1 of my kids only, so I don't have to much money and not to mention.... Horrible credit. I need to get out of this relationship and move with my kids. I have never been on my own and don't know how to do this move given my circumstances. If anyone can give me advice on how to do this or what I need to do, I would appreciate it very much and thank you. I'm willing to try anything.

Answer Question

Asked by suzie2058 at 9:19 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Get a job and start saving your money. Look into welfare for help to get out now. Talk to family about living with them until your on your feet. But either way a job is a good place to start. Work at night so the 16 year old can babysit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 21, 2009

  • It sounds like your only option is to get a new job, move into an affordable place and stay as positive as you can.
    Good luck!

    Answer by ladysavage at 9:24 AM on May. 21, 2009

  • I am in the same situation more than less. I feel for you. Be strong, if you are a military spouse go through JAG. Move home where you have the support of family. DON"T let anyone tell you you can't do it, you CAN. Also, the military will pay for you and your children to be moved home due to separtation and divorce. It is call ERD fight for it and for your children.
    Credit: get a recent credit report, I suggest you can dispute and request for old bad credit reports to be removed from your credit report.
    Job: you do have experience, it's called life. You have kept a budget, home organized and been a personal assistan for a long time.
    Alimony/Child Support: JAG or if you don't have access to JAG your county court system has FREE legal aide. Take full advantage of their services.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.