For women who have taken clomid....

Did you ever take a dose that didnt work one month but did the next, like the exact same dose? My doctor had me on 50mg when I ovulated but when I went up to 100mg I didnt but she wants me to try the 100mg one more time befor taking the next step. Im thinking that since it didnt work this month why would it work next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I took 50 for 2 months, then 100 for 3 then 150 for 2 and got pregnant after 7 years of trying with 3 of them on clomid. The extra hormones could have masked your ovulation. Listen to your doctor, they do know what they are talking about. i take 150 to start out with now. Be patient, clomid takes time to get in your system to do its job. Its only to help stimulate ovulation it can't make you do it if your body isn't ready. Ask for an hsg to see if your tubes are open. You may have a blocked tub causing ovulation on one side only.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:25 AM on May. 21, 2009