What do u take when u have a bad cold?

I have had a cold/ virus for 1 week- I know it has to run its course, but nothing makes me feel better. I take Nyquil @ bedtime, tried sudafed during the day, cough drops-halls-zinc drops. I have a baby and am getting very worn down. I hat to go to the doctor and have him tell me it just has to run its course. I dont need anti-biodics yet. What do you use when u r sick?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 9:49 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• Peppermint tea; peppermint is a natural decongestant, be sure peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) with cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) for cough and sore through.
    Emergen-C packets; help keep you hydrated and have a bit of zinc to perk you up you.
    Staying hydrated is really important; being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy; be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day (add one for every soda or caffienated beverage)
    Stay away from dairy, it will just make more mucus.
    Eat foods that will energize you (meat will slow you down), like brown rice, beans, fruits and veggies.
    Do have a friend or relative who can take the baby for a few hours so you can nap?
    Feel better!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:33 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Aleve Cold & Sinus
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:55 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Tylenol makes a liquid for cold and flu, i swear by it, take it day and night for four days. PLENTY OF VITAMIN C TOO!!
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 10:03 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Due to having asthma, if I get a really bad cold, I go to the doctor and get cough syrup that has codeine in it. If I don't it ends up turing into bronchitis.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:33 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I try not to take medications unless i am reeaaalllly feeling crappy. what I do take is a nice hot neo citran before bed. I soothes and helps knock you out so you can get the rest your body needs to fight off the cold. Just remember not to take it if you are pregnant or nursing and if you are hot water with lemon juice and honey works wonders also.
    londonmommyof2

Answer by londonmommyof2 at 11:39 AM on May. 21, 2009