What things do you have in common?

What kinds of things do you have in common with your spouse or significant other? Do you have a lot in common? If not, how do you make it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO and I didn't have a ton in common when we first met other than we both have a great sense of humor, although mine is very sarcastic and his is very dry we completely crack each other up! I think that was a great start for our relationship! Over the past 4 years we have both come to love and enjoy each others interests as well. We both love working in the yard, Love watching movies and share a love of ethnic food, which I have learned to cook a lot of!! We will always have different interests and passions but I think that's what makes us work so well!! We compliment each other!
    Diana44

Answer by Diana44 at 1:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Really nothing. But we are the best of friends. He is the techy geek type and I am an artist. We have a common love for each other and for our family. We are growing to love some of the same things just because we are around each other so much and we try to like what the other likes. We have been married 10 years.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:01 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We both like to read, we both like to relax, we vacation well together (if only we could afford it!) I dated a guy once that could. not. sit. still. on vacation...but DH and I can lounge together all day. We agree on the big political issues, we are almost on the same page re: religion, we both love garlic =) we have similiar taste in music, although not exact, we both love working on our home and raising our kids. We share a common goal for our future.

The things we don't agree on or have in common (I like shopping, he likes golf, I like the Mets, he likes the Yankees....etc etc etc) keep us interested, I think it would be very boring if we were exactly the same.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:06 AM on May. 21, 2009

• we both like reading every day, we both like gardening (he likes to grow it, I like to eat it), I like his music but I also like various other kinds so when he's around I put it on either his or disney station for the kids, he doesn't watch much tv and what he likes I'm not fond of, so we're usually in the same room near each other, but we're doing our own thing and talk during commercials, or chapters lol
    We keep it interesting by listening to what the other's interested in I guess. I have zero interest in his antique cars, but when he says something like "oh man that car is... " I say, I just can't get in to that color, or I love that color.. we're looking at the same thing but seeing it from different perspectives. Guess we do that with everything. Blending the two perspectives of everything is how it works I guess.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2009

• personality wise we are not complete opposites but im the more rational thinker, hes more impulsive. hes a dreamer and im not. but we are best friends we can talk for hours and we just get each other. we do the whole finishing each others sentences thing and he gets my randomness and i get his
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 11:20 AM on May. 21, 2009