airforce wives!!!!!!

my husband is going in soon.. and what is your husband jobs?? or if you are in airforce what is your job? just wondering... curious he hasnt selected a specific job yet and wondering what the jobs are like.. he wants to get into telecommunications but have to score high enough.. let me know

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 10:07 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband right now is a first sergeant. He was in Maintenance. He fixed a lot of things...always came home dirty. He for the most part liked it, Some times the hours would suck...he never complained neither did I.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 10:20 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My husband is a TSgt in the Air Force. We've been in for 12 years and have been stationed at 4 different bases. We've lived at Offutt AFB in Nebraska, Andersen AFB in Guam, Mor`on AB in Spain, and now McChord AFB in Washington State. The travel is awesome if you are comfortable with change! My hubby is in the CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance) career field but we are on Special Duty assignment right now so he is working with the 22STS (Special Tactics Squadron). When we PCS he will be a cop, not by choice but because of the CATM/cop career fields merged. Long story lol. There's LOTS of great jobs in the Air Force though and family life for the most part is great. PM me if you want more info.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My husband is in the army so that wont help you but my sister is in the airforce. She is in securitty forces....a cop and she loves it! She has been in for just over 2 years now. Her first duty station was over near london but she was deployed about a year after she joined. But she was only over there for 5 months. Hope he likes it =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• been an air force spouse for close to 17 years. My husband is a Master and did do c17, c141 and c130 aircraft maintence. Now he works with the Air Force and Boeing contractors to i mpliment changes to planes. Cushy office job. Reads tech books all day.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:31 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm in the same boat but with Army, he just had to re-enlist!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:11 PM on May. 22, 2009