this is tough to ask, but here goes, how would you feel in this case

i cooked a chicken and saved the "wishbone" for my BF and his 5 yr old to make a wish on. while they did it in the kitchen i was in living room on the couch. my BF comes in the living room and says "i got the bigger piece, my wish comes true" then sits beside me and ruffles my hair and says Hi Lisa, hows it going?" Lisa is his EX wife!!! so THAT was his wish!!!!???? i was so hurt, he claims to have been joking, not too funny from where i sat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• He's an idiot. That joke was in VERY poor taste, especially with his 5 YO within earshot. Moron. I don't know how he twisted it in his head to make him believe it would be even remotely funny.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• What a jerk. Maybe her name slipped out by accident.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 21, 2009

• ....I don't care if that was a joke or not, that is so disrespectful. oooooo....tell him if he wants his ex so bad you can act just like her...and leave!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:12 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would have slapped him. NOT funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Give him the silent treatment.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that was a joke. I think that slipped out and he tried to cover up the embarrassment of it. But now you know his ex is still on his mind a good deal. He may not be over her yet. I wonder if they ever did the wishbone thing too? Cause something caused him to recall her at a bad moment. Besides the come on line was tame and damn he shot his chance all to hell! I fell a little sorry for him.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:20 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Oh man! I would have been TERRIBLY hurt. I just might have slapped him. seriously..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• IF it slipped out and he tried to cover with a joke, BAD, yes, but I'd rather that than have his WISH be that you were her. He was in the kitchen with who I assume is Lisa's daughter? does she look like Lisa? Perhaps he just messed up. I don't think that automatically means he has any sort of feelings for her....I know in the early years with DH there were times I called him XH's name by TOTAL accident just out of habit... thankfully DH understood....and thankfully NEVER during sex! Again, this is assuming he just messed up and not that it was his wish, which is way worse.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:30 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Sounds like it was a joke, but a really bad one. I don't know how I'd react to that, not even a clue other than I'm mad just imagining my hubby doing that to me and I'm feeling your hurt.
    I'd have to return the favor I think so he could know how that felt but then again... two wrongs don't make a right, so I don't know what I'd do other than ask him if that was his wish, for her to be the one sitting in the living room. It doesn't sound like he meant any harm tho, otherwise he might've kissed you and said her name or something stupid like that. Just really really bad joke I think.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I am sure he was joking,,not funny men are stupid assholes!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:38 PM on May. 21, 2009