Should I hide anything from a flea bomb?

I'm gonna cover all the dishes. But what about toys and blankets? My 19mos old has toys all over the appt. Do I need to take them outside, wash them after the bombing, leave them, or what? And what about blankets? I don't wanna keep them away from poison then run the risk of fleas living in them. Do I let the clothes in our closets get treated? Even my toddler's clothes? I want all the fleas to die, but I feel like I should hide everything in the house, then theat gives them somewhere to hide. What to do???? -the cats have already been treated

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 10:07 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pets

• I would leave them out and then wash everything after the bomb is done. Its a lot of work, but like you said the fleasand eggs can be hiding anywhere and if they don't get the flea bomb now, they'll just hatch out later. Good Luck!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:07 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I agree with the first post. I ran a flea bomb once and it shorted out my alarm clock. So you may want to put up or cover some of your appliances that are sensitive to moisture.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:51 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Don't just cover the pet dishes. Physically remove them from the area and seal them in a Zip-Lock bag, take them outside, put them in your fridge -- anything to get them COMPLETELY out of the bomb range and any potential residue later (such as some tainting the bowl when you remove the cover or something.) Let's just call this advice from someone who now knows you just can't be too paranoid about this stuff.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:30 PM on May. 21, 2009