Club Foot - ???

I have several questions about children born with club feet- I am not at all worried about the club foot thing- okay maybe I cried a bit- but I am 21 weeks. When I had my anatomy scan at 18 weeks they couldn't get a clear shot of the feet. Last week I was told that there is a possible club foot- so now I am going into a fetal mecical Dr to see if this IS the case. I want to know if you have ever had an ultra sound say club foot, then have the baby born without one. and what other birth defects ARE related to club feet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have an ultrasound show my son was severly club footed. I had 22 of them. I had 2 amnios and was at the dr.s 4 times a week once I hit about 12 or 13 weeks. So, when he came out I was a little surprised but I went through so much just to get him and was so happy that he was breathing I could have cared less. My son will be 18 and after many surgeries (no more than 10) there are people who meet him and have no idea his feet where almost on backwards. He played baseball (pitcher, 1st base and outfield) with NO issues what so ever and he had teams fighting over him. And he started when he was old enough to join T-Ball. He played football, he was on the front line but don't remember the position he played. He did wrestling for about a day and hated it LOL. oh and he was on the track team.

Nothing stopped him. Hope all is well but don't worry if it isn't it will all work out in the end.
    dakoto70

Answer by dakoto70 at 6:46 AM on May. 26, 2009