Can anyone get rid of the in-laws? HOW????!!!!????

each time my mother in law is on the scenario,my hubby and I are ruined...need help pleaseeee......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Move far away!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My friend has a MIL that way and she and her dh moved 1500 miles to get away from them. Now they want to have a baby and her inlaws have said they will move to where they are to be close to their grandchild. They are seriously debating not having kids because his family is so crazy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:35 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't move away from them... I'd put locks on my door, get caller ID and learn to say "this is something that is between me and my spouse."
    And not go to her with problems etc... not even discuss them anywhere near her or with anyone that might talk to her about them. As it should be anyway. I talk to my SIL about my gripes and money issues sometimes, but never to the parental inlaws and neither does he (his Dad and step mom are the only living ones, but our business is our business).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2009

• oh dear..would you believe we moved to another country already but then she wants to join us and help her find a job where we are now because she ruined her life from back home! She's always like that eversince..each time we are starting to move our life to a better phase,she always butt in! I dont want to be the "bad" character here but we never have a peaceful life if shes around...she's full of negatives...she even got an affair and she backfight her children,HER own children who's helping her now...everytime she never gets what she wanted she start to gossip and spreading all of her children's weaknesses...come to think..she studied psychology...sorry for this long explanation..its such that im so sick and tired...thats all....
    YNA

Answer by YNA at 10:55 AM on May. 21, 2009

• we had an exchange of words way back then..she wants me to get rid of his son...there was a time when she asked my hubby wether my hubby chooses her or me... my hubby chooses me and he fought for me and that makes her sooooo mad ..God knows how i tried to understand and forgive and i know i am not perfect either,im doing my very best to be of good relationship with them all but im not stupid not to see how they are taking advantage of us...now, a new battle between my hubby and i are just starting ...AGAIN??!!!!! My hubby told me and promised me that his parents or anyone from his side will affect our relationship..he will make sure that they gt nothing to do with the 2 f us...I HOPE SOOOOO.....i feel being tortured...dont ya think?
    YNA

Answer by YNA at 11:05 AM on May. 21, 2009

• i had a friend who went to a voodoo priest let just say problem solved LOL
    bmtmom01

Answer by bmtmom01 at 11:17 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We had TONS of issues with my MIL even before we were married. Our 1st thought was to move FAR away - but DH works for FIL so that wouldn't work. DH talked to MIL MANY times, gave her (way to many - in my opinion) chances to change - stop her behavior/smarten up, etc. She didn't listen - DH gave her 3 more chances (3 strikes your out type of deal) she still continued down the same path, so we cut her off - she doesn't see me or the kids. It's been like this since last Aug. Let me tell you LIFE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL since then. Try the 3 strikes your out theory - it make sink in w/her.
    Anonymous

• She needs to butt out, and your DH is the one who needs to make sure that happens. He is married to you, he needs to cut the apron strings, or move back in with mommy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Stop trying to come between them.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yup, DH needs to cut the apron strings and tell Mommy to butt out - end of story. Maybe this MIL should stop coming in between the wife and husband. I love how it's always the DIL who comes in between the MIL/Son relationship, it's never the MIL that comes in between the Son/Wife's marriage.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 5:10 PM on May. 21, 2009