How do you know if your too dependent on your husband?

husband, dependent, too

cherryyumyum7

Asked by cherryyumyum7 at 10:25 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you mean financially or emotionally or both?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:32 AM on May. 21, 2009

• i mean both
    cherryyumyum7

Answer by cherryyumyum7 at 10:40 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't know really unless you can't make a decision at all on your own, not because he forces you to ask or get his, but because you're too afraid of upsetting him (disappointment or anger) and you have absolutely no way to be able to financially support yourself at all.
    I admit it, I'm dependent on mine. I value his opinion and he normally sees the other side of the coin where I don't, and I'd be able to work a minimum wage job but I didn't get any special training for anything. All I ever wanted was to be a wife and Mom and I am. But someday I will have to face life on my own most likely (death happens to all of us and with his age and health concerns chances are I'll be the one left behind).
    If you're worried that you are... then start making small decisions on your own, working out small problems yourself and take some online courses or go back to school? I should use my own advice but I'm not ready for that yet.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:48 AM on May. 21, 2009

• If he died tomorrow, do you know who holds your mortgage? Do you have joing checking accounts? Could you pay the bills? I don't thing emotionally you can be too close, you love him, and it would be hard to lose him, but you need to make sure if God forbid something did happen to him you would be able to take of yourself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:19 PM on May. 21, 2009