my hair is falling out

and im only 19 and i have a bald spot in the back of my head. what causes it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• Preganacy or just having a baby.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:37 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Stress. Hormone imbalances. Having a baby.

And heredity, heredity, heredity!

If it's not related to heredity, there might be lifestyle changes you could make that can stop it. If it is related to heredity, there's not much you can do short of medical procedures or buying rogaine for the rest of your life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Pregnancy of havng a child can. If it is a irritated spot then I would go to the doc. It could be ringworm or something to that nature.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• There are several reasons for thinning or losing your hair. Hormones, hypothyroidism, alopecia, low iron, low b12....the list goes on and on. If you wanna talk about it or just to simply find more information I am a member of a wonderful online group. It's http://community.womenshairlossproject.com/home.php.

Is it an actual bald spot? Have you been noticing more hair loss of did just one section/chunk of hair come out one day? If just one section or chunk came out one day you could be dealing with a form of alopecia. There are many forms of this. In some, the hair grows back and in some it doesn't. My hair loss was triggered by my birth control pills. A lot of women are predisposed to hair loss, but no one talks about it. As women we are supposed to have a head full of luscious hair...not losing it. I am 27 years old and have lost about half the volume of my hair...thank goodness I started with enough hair...
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:43 AM on May. 21, 2009

• for 3 people...but it's becoming more noticeable. Anyway...if you wanna talk about it or just want more information on what to ask your doctor, just let me know or visit the website that I mentioned earlier. Sorry you're going through this.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:44 AM on May. 21, 2009