Patio Furniture

I really want some patio furniture but even when i have plastic chairs out there they are always filthy. I have a big tree that drops alot of stuff plus they get rained on. Do you have an inexpensive set you like and is easy to hose off? Where did you get it? Is it mesh seats or thick cushions?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:36 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I prefer wood furniture, it last forever and you can just hose it off too. Look for a store that sells unfinished wood furniture and then you can stain it yourself. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:40 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We have an aluminum patio set that doesn't rust, is lightweight, and can be hosed clean, although it rarely looks dirty, except for the glass table, which always needs to be cleaned before we eat at it. The seats are a weather-proof fabric that is not really mesh, but not exactly solid either. I got the whole 10 piece set (glass-topped dining table, 6 adjustable chairs, 2 footstools, glass-topped side table) for $250 at an end-of-season sale at Sears two years ago and it still looks like new.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:03 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Martha Stewart carries a line at KMart that is wonderful and not tacky. I bought a set from her in 2001 and it has stayed outside this whole time. It still looks great and the cushions are just now starting to fade. For a very large table with a lazy susan built in the center and 5 chairs with cushions I think I paid a little over $200. It's a very nice set.
    Anonymous

• http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/c_10151_10104_Tools+&+Outdoors_Patio+Furniture
    Anonymous

• the set that I have is very close to the Amelia Island table and chairs she has here, I see the prices have gone up alot in 8 years!!
    Anonymous

• if all else fails, go plastic.. easy to hose down, don't need to touch up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:14 AM on May. 22, 2009