My kids terrorize babysitters!!!

My mother and grandmother could not handle my kids anymore, their aunt could not handle them anymore, there father is not in the picture and the paid sitter I hired 2 months ago just quit! My daughter is 6 and my son will be 4 in 2 weeks. My daughter is pretty good for me, my son is hard to handle but, the terror comes out the second I am away! I am going to loose my job! I dont know what to do. I work 12 hours sat, sun and wed so its hard to find a sitter for that type of scedual in the first place. The sitter that just quit said that it was because of my son. She said that he broke her lamp, screams at her, says he hates her that he wants to kick her...my family has said the same. How do I correct something that does not happen when I am there??????????

snookyangel26

Asked by snookyangel26 at 10:50 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would discipline as soon as I got home. I would tell them in advance that they are to be on there best behavior and if you get a bad report then they will loose _____ priveledges. yOu have to follow through. They should never think it is ok to act like that. Box up their rooms and let thme earn stuff back. I would try to find a college girl. Put an ad up at a local college. When you find someone always be sure to back them up so you guys can work together. Let your kids see that babysitters can be fun if they behave.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:54 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Sounds like lack of discipline.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 10:54 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Give the babysitter the privilege of disciplining your kids. Let her know what you do to deal with different behaviors and that you expect her to not stray from that. Tell your kids when you leave that she WILL be disciplining them, and that they ARE expected to listen.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It sounds like your kids may be sensitive to the chemicals in the foods they eat. I would try putting them on the feingold diet, along with punishing bad behavior and rewarding good behavior. www.feingold.org

Answer by rkoloms at 2:56 PM on May. 21, 2009

• This behavior must be really excessive if babysitters a quitting. Most childcare providers come into contact at some point with difficult or bratty children and they don't just quit every time it happens. Find out what specific behaviors your son is exhibiting that are so bad people can not watch him and find out from teachers or a child psychiatrist if they are normal or need some type of special behavior modification/therapy/treatment.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 8:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• LOL! My son did the same thing with our babysitter, Kasey. I think it was just because I had began to start working again and he wasn't used to her. Now that I'm home again, he's fine.
    MissGigixoxo

Answer by MissGigixoxo at 11:39 PM on May. 22, 2009