Why do you keep your big dog inside the house?

I can't stand people that let the dog sit on the sofa. you know dogs are animals and they need to stay outside , not seelp in your bedroom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pets

• YOU SHOULD NEVER GET A PET! And if you are visiting someone who has one, you need to step-off and realize that you are a GUEST IN THEIR HOUSE.

My dog is outside during the day and inside at night. She is not allowed on the furniture, but there is dog hair in the house. I wouldn't dream of leaving her outside to weather the elements while I sleep inside.

Dogs are animals and if they lived in the wild they would find, create a shelter that was warm and safe. The average backyard may not provide enough shelter year-round. That is why dogs are allowed in and why the Humane Society will not allow you to adopt a dog if you won't allow it inside.

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2009

• thats what you think. others may not think that. its their pet... so what if the want to sleep with their great dane sp? in the bed? lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:56 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Why would you get a dog and then just leave it outside that is stupid. You get one to be part of the family. If they chose to let it sit on the couch that is their choise.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My dogs come in my house but they sleep on the floor--not in my bed & not on my furniture. My house is very clean, btw. If you don't like dogs, I most likely wouldn't have you as a guest in my home so it wouldn't be a problem now, would it?
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• This is funny because I don't understand the people that get a dog and then leave it outside all the time. To me, animals are pets and are like members of the family. It may bug you, but in my house my dog being on the couch is completely normal. Guess I won't be seeing you anytime soon?!?!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well why don't you try sleeping outside when it rains or snows or even hails. You Besides not every one allows there animals of the furniture.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It's their dog, their house...what's the big deal? Would you like somebody to come to your house and tell you that your plants belong outside?? Or that you should paint your bedroom a different color because the one on your walls is too "loud" for sleeping?? Come on, what a silly thing to get all riled up about when it has nothing to do you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We keep are big dog inside, but he is not allowed on the furniture. He has a pillow in the living room and one in the bed room. Also he is a coonhound and if I leave him outside barking it bothers the neighbors and I just think that is really rude. He is a good dog, stays off of the furniture, doesn't jump on people when they come over, and is very sweet with my 18 month old.

I also agree with pp, not everyone thinks of dogs as just animals. To some people it is a member of their family and they love them very much. What works for some, doesn't work for all.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:00 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Dogs are pack animals by nature, they need company. The humane society in my area won't adopt out to people who are just going to put their pet outside. Unless a person is going to have more than one dog, I don't think they should be outside all the time.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:04 AM on May. 21, 2009

• See this is what bothers me about people. My husband and I were just talking about this last night when all we could hear were poor dogs barking and howling to get inside because they were cold. We have a medium (some people would call her large) sized dog and she is part of our family. She is outside when it is warm, but comes in whenever she wants. She is not allowed on the furniture, but she has her own bed on the floor.
    There is no reason to leave a dog outside to freeze or to be too hot. Do you watch the news?? Have you ever heard them say "Make sure you bring your dogs INSIDE today because it is going to be too hot?" I know when I lived in Texas I heard this numerous times. Or when I was growing up in Maine they would tell you not to leave your dogs outside because it was too cold. I guess they were talking to people like you who shouldn't own animals.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 11:04 AM on May. 21, 2009