Why when I just took a pregnancy test about 2 hours ago it came out positive but I just took another one and this one came out negative?

Ok so I took a test around 9am (with my first pee of the day) and it came out positive [yesssss!!] But someone had told me to take another just to make sure so I took one just 2 hours after and this one came out not pregnant =( I am not on any medication of any sort. What's going on? =(

yay4pink

Asked by yay4pink at 11:05 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Oh God, I've had that happen! Go get a blood test!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2009

• it's possible that you're levels are still low enough that the second time your pee didn't have enough hcg in it. false positives are rare... i would wait till tomorrow morning and take another test. you can go to peeonastick.com and look at the levels that the test you used tests at. the dollar store tests, test at a 25mlu, while some of those super fancy digital ones test at a 50...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Call your doctor and tell him you had a posative at home test. Then youll get your blood test and i think you are like abelsmama07 said your hgc levels could be to low for the at home test to pick it up with your 2nd pee of the day. Good luck! =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:13 AM on May. 21, 2009

• if you drank a lot before taken the next test it could have watered down ur pee I would take another in the morning and see what that one says if it was pos I would say yes ur preggo
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 1:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• take a blood test!!gl
    Anonymous