Okay a lot of questions about drug tests

I was just wondering how long it takes to get the results of one back. I took a drug test for a job on Monday. I haven't heard another word from them. They told me as long as I passed I was hired. Also can herbal teas cause you to fail a drug test? I have been drinking nothing but green tea and a herbal tea that is suppost to help with stress. There is no other reason for me not to pass, I have never used drugs. What other types of things can mess with the results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• If you have never done drugs you should have nothing to worry about. I bet it can take up to a week for results.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:09 AM on May. 21, 2009

• green tea is really good to use to clean out your system because of its antioxidants, therefore if people are using it to clean themselves out, I highly doubt it shows up in a drug screen. Why dont you call them and ask them whats going on. You said no reason not to pass, so show them how eager about the job you are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 21, 2009

• If for some reason you do fail, you can be retested with a test that looks for specific drugs. You might have to find someplace to do that and you might have to pay for it. The police department would be able to tell you for sure where to go. I know the "normal" urine sample drug test costs about 7 dollars to do, and they usually charge 20.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:13 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I am giving them til tonight to call me and if they don't then I am calling them 1st thing in the AM. I was just wondering about somethings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Green tea shouldn't effect a drug test. Now poppyseeds...they can throw off a drug test. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure they just haven't gotten the results yet. Call maybe?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:14 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, if green tea is used to clean out the system maybe they think I was trying to hide something. I have been drinking ALOT of herbal tea. My I was a little too clean? Can that happen?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't think tea would show in a typical drug test. They are usually only looking for specific things. It isn't like a blood toxicology you see on CSI where they find everything in your blood. You could call the testing center & ask how long they usually take. I know I did one & the employer requested a rush & paid extra but it still took about 4 days.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:21 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I took a drug test for my last job and was told the company gets the results back in 72 hours. If I did not hear from them I didn't pass the test.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:27 AM on May. 21, 2009

• poppyseeds, banana, certain kinds of pain relievers. Not all companies pay for a indepth tests some use basic tests and alot of non drugs can flag them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:29 AM on May. 21, 2009