Turkey dogs?

Do you eat them? I have switched to turkey bacon and turkey sausage and ground turkey, although I don't absolutely love the ground turkey it works in certain recipes, but the bacon and sausage are FAB in my opinion...so good I don't feel I'm missing a thing by not having the real thing...

For whatever reason turkey hot dogs scare me...are they good? Are they an ugly white/gray color? Do you REALLY feel like you're eating a regular hot dog? Is the taste the same as regular hot dog?

And while we are at it, what's better a low fat beef frank or a turkey dog?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• they are good but they don't taste like hotdogs. I like them but my kids had a hard time with the switch.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes, they are good. I don't eat them often b/c I don't really like hot dogs, but we do eat turkey everything else. I hate beef!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:35 AM on May. 21, 2009

• We only eat turkey dogs
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Gray hot dogs don't have food dye. The red hotdogs that you buy are loaded with red dye. I love the Morningstar dogs; their mini-corndogs are my secret hidden treat.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't eat any kind of hot dog. If you knew what was in them, you wouldn't eat them either. Thinking about them makes me gag.

So many people won't vax their kids because of the tiny trace elements of chemicals involved in the process but they'll feed their kids non-organic veggies, lunch meats, white breads/rice and worst of all...hot dogs. All which contain extremely harmful chemicals and products that are unedible at best. Eating processed meat triples your risk for colon cancer.

And for beef vs. poltry, beef contains up to 7 times more fat than poltry. Don't let advertisements on the front of foods fool you, read the labels on the back and compare.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• poultry* rather.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:14 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Not good for ya---leave them alone---as well as ANY processed meat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on May. 23, 2009