Are you a pageant mom?

Do you put your kids in pageants? if so which ones are they in? Glamor..Semi natural.... or natural? My daughter is in the natural ones and just got her first title Yea!!! Please no rude remarks to the pageant moms if you are against it. You can state your disapproval but please do not be immature about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't agree with making up your daughter to look like a grown woman. I think that these pageants mess with their self-esteem because they are seeking approval - which is wrong!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• The natural ones you don't use any makeup, hair pieces, fake eyelashes, or tanning. There was actually one that my daughter did where the girl was disqualified cause the mom put all that make up and crap on her. I do them for fun. Not for approval. And I do the natural ones also because I know my daughter is pretty enough just the way she is to win naturally and doesn't need to look like a different person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I think everyone thinks thier dd is beautiful, but how do they feel when they don't win? Its not like you can do anything to improve your looks...besides normal grooming. So i think that would be a hard thing to lose at. It seems like somethin we are trying to get away from..being judged on our looks. As adults we fight that, but kids are subjected to it. I guess that is what I see as a possible neg with pageants, but congrats to your daughter. some kids are just naturally more beautiful than others.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:53 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My girls do natural paegants when one comes to the area. I just got hooked up with an awesome lady that is helping me to locate more of the natural paegants in our area.
    I enjoy the fact that my daughters are taught public speaking and to be proud of their apperance. My girls DO NOT wear false hair, false teeth, make up, flippers, thousand dollar dresses or anything else associated with the full glamour paegants.
    My girls enjoy the dresses and the ribbons and the attention and are NEVER dissapointed in the results.
    Oh and CONGRATS to your daughter on her title OP!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:54 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Im pregnant with my first and its a boy but i dont see a problem with pagents as long as your not putting makeup all over them and all that other outrageous stuff. I went with a friend when she took her DD and all we did for her was put her hair in pigtails and put on a cute little dress. She didnt win but she looked cute and alot of people told her that so she felt good. But i dont know if my opinion will change when i have a DD of my own.

And congrats on her winning a title =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:12 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I did pageants when I was little. I did wear make-up and a poofy dress. They didn't do the fake hair, nails or tan back then. I probably would have if they did. I had lots of fun when I won or lost. I wasn't dissapointed by losing. My self-esteem never suffered and there weren't any ill effects. My mom wasn't a pushy mom about it. I begged her to let me and she did. It's all in how you go about it. Same goes with anything...some people refuse to let there kids watch tv because they think it will harm them. My son has had not restrictions on what he watches or how long he watches. And he chooses to be outside playing rather than watch. So, that theory is not founded.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:01 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am not sure how i feel about the natural pageants, have never heard of them until now. I know that I strongly disapprove of the make up on little girls. ....I guess I would still not enter my own daughter in a natural pageant but good for you for choosing that kind instead of the "glamor" ones.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• To me, its all as bad a child porn and like putting your daughter on the auction block like a hunk of meat.
    But thats just my opinion.
    Anonymous