How many people think the birth control shot gets you fat?

I'm on the shot and ive gained some weight over the winter, but it seems a little more than norm.... could this be cause of the shot? how many of you are on it and not gained weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you can gain weight from any birth control because of the hormones in it... but it depends on the person and how their body handles the BC.... you gaining weight could be from the shot, but also you said over the winter.. which is when holidays are.. a lot of people gain weight over the holidays anyway from all the food and stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I gained 50 pounds when I was on the shot. but I know some women who lost weight on the shot. If you are gaining weight, don't take it again! That stuff takes forever to wear off!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:39 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It does. My sister was on it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i gain like 25 lbs in 6 months on the shot got off and like 5 months later i started to loss weight and i wasnt working out or anything.
    mammaboyz113

Answer by mammaboyz113 at 1:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I know alot of people that gained on the shot. I only got one shot and I lost weight but it made me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous