4 1/2 MONTH OLD WITH A HORRIBLE COLD OR ALLERGYS! HELP!!!!!!!!!

My son is 4 1/2 mounths old! We went to the dr a week before his check up with a horrible cough he sounded like a smoker it was awful! they told me it was viral and he would be fine! The next week he was some better but not real good we got his shots anyways! His for month shots he was ok for about a week and here we are again he sounds awful it just makes me want to cry he is trying to be happy but he can't quit coughing and then he cry's when coughs and you know it has to hurt what can i do to help him!

I have a vaperizor running and i am using vicks on him and saline drops for his sinus and sucking them out i don't know what else to do!

PLEASE ANY IDEAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prestonsmom105

Asked by prestonsmom105 at 11:40 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Please take him back to the doctor to be reevaluated. So sorry, but there isn't a lot you can do for him unless you learn about homeopathy.
    It is hard to learn in a crisis though. Look into the health food section of your store. They have stuff for coughs and colds. Elderberry syrup, Sambuca...
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would bring him back in if his cough is that bad. Often times viral could can become pneumonia (nothing you can do about it, just happens) or he might have picked something up when you were AT the clinic... those places are crawling with germs
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Have you tried a cool mist humidifier? We use one with our son, as well as a waterless vaporizer. Try rubbing some vicks on his feet and put socks over it. I would take him back to the Dr. and have them do a chest x-ray.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 2:58 AM on May. 22, 2009