do you think some kids get to much pressure put on them for being talented?

My son is very talented at baseball and on a travel team. He is still growing his skills as all the others kids are. He plays about the age of a teenager now. So by the time he is a teen he will be great (everyone likes watching him).

Everyone else seems to be allowed the room for growing but he gets blamed for errors or things others would be told that's okay. If someone misses it he apparently is suppose to go out of position because he is faster. If a child calls it and misses the ball he is blamed. He never gets breaks because he is one of the best on the team. I know he likes to play but he has to be tried after awhile and seems like they put more pressure on him then others. Guess my question is this normal if a child does well? Seems like in other sports that he does average in this doesn't happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• your lucky my daughter is a good looking child but not good at sports.and in our town thats everything.if you are not on the travel soccer team you dont fit in.i would ask your son how he feels.i know a lot of parents in our town put alot of pressure on there kids to be number 1,could that be going on?if he doesnt mind it then so be it.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:10 PM on May. 21, 2009