MY 2 WEEK OLD BABY'S EYE IS MATTED SHUT WITH GREEN STUFF WHEN HE WAKES UP, IS THERE NE THING I CAN PUT ON IT? HE HAS A DOC APPT 2MORROW

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just put warm water on a washcloth and gently wipe the green ickys away. That's about all you can do right now. Your doctor can tell you more tomorrow.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• It is probably a blocked tear duct. Like the pp said just wipe away with warm water on a washcloth. It is very common in babies. It should clear up on it's own, but sometimes if it goes on long enough the doctor will prescribe an ointment.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:51 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Clean it out and if you are nursing put breastmilk in it. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:52 AM on May. 21, 2009

• yeah just take luke warm water on a washcloth and wipe it away. but make sure you rinse it off after every time so you dont keep putting the bacteria on his eyes.... make sure the water isnt too warm bc bacteria lvoes to live in warmth and dont make it too cold bc that shocks the hell out of your eyeball lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:52 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My daughter had this problem until she was a few months old. Her tear ducts weren't properly developed but it sorted itself out. I just used a warm moist cloth to clean it up.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 12:01 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My family uses chamomile tea to cure that. Even as adults when we get a red/infected eye, we just use three different cotton swabs to clean it. Don't reuse the cotton swabs and the tea has to cool down to be room temp. GL
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 12:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• why the HELL would you give a 2 week old CHAMOMILE???!! im ALL for more natural things but not to a 2 weeks old sorry
    Anonymous

• Umm not chamomile to drink, chamomile to rub the eye discharge off. And if you don't like it then you don't have to understand. Like I said it is something that my family has done for many years and it has worked and will continue to work.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 1:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Wipe is gently with a warm damp washcloth and put a few drops of breastmilk on it.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Your baby probably has a clogged duct... my son has had one since he was born.
    To get it unstuck we just put water on his lashes. If you breastfeed, you can put some breastmilk in the eye and it helps some.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:35 PM on May. 21, 2009