How soon is it safe to get pregnant again?

I have a 3 month old daughter that I'm crazy about. I'm not sure if I just miss the feeling of her in me or if I just loved the entire experience of the pregnancy. Point is I want more and I'm not sure how long I want to wait. I know you are able to get pregnant right away but when has enough time passed so its not too much for your body.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 years. Your body needs to replenish the vitamins and minerals lost when you were pregnant.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

• they say one year i had a csection my dr told me to wait 24 months i want another baby my son is 6 months old but has really bad heart problems so im not sure if i want another cause of the heart problem its 50/50 for me wanting one and not
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 12:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• they say it takes 2 yrs for your body to get back to "normal".
    Anonymous

• Waiting at least one year between pregnancies is best... FWIW around the 3 month mark I think getting the "baby cravings" is pretty common. I did after my first, when she was 3 months old I'd have been ecstatic to get pregnant again right away! I'm so glad I wasn't actually fertile then, because I think that waiting a year works out so much better. I find the 12-18 month age to be the most intense, even with my easy babies, and it's hard enough to be pregnant during those months... I can't imagine having a totally dependent newborn AND a needy toddler. If it happens, people make it work, of course, but very few of those parents would recommend it as something to do *on purpose*.

My suggestion is to just enjoy this time with her now, because it will change. Wait at least until she is crawling well before considering getting pregnant again, that will be in just 3-5 short months, most likely.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I was just like you! I LOVED being pregnant, it was beautiful. And I had an AMAZING natural labor and delivery. And when my son was just TWO MONTHS old! I wanted another...but I just knew it was because I missed the pregnancy and the labor experience. And I knew we weren't ready yet. My son is now 6 mos and thriving well. I just want to enjoy him before we throw another into the mix. Also I'm still in college, and having one is PLENTY! So we'll wait till I graduate, in 2 years, to try for another.

If you're emotionally, physically and financially ready, and you truely want the BABY and not just miss the pregnancy, then I say go for it! It'll be tough having too young ones, but women do it all the time! And you could handle it I'm sure!

Good Luck with whatever you choose!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2009