Cervix Up Front?

Okay. When I went to the birthing center on the 9th in pre term labor one of the things they told me was that my cervix was up front (the nurse was looking back to find out because I was 23 weeks) She seemed worried about it being up front. When I asked my doctor at my follow up he told me not to worry about it. But he wouldn't tell me what it meant. Does anyone know what it means, or what it's significance is? Is it part of the getting ready for the baby thing or something??? I'm so confused!

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 11:53 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It just means that your cervix is positioned towards the front a little. Sometimes when a cervix is in a certain position it can make delivery in certain positions difficult but as long as you don't let them put you on your back to push you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• a lot of peoples are up front or back a little... it doesnt mean anything really...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Why to you keep going to a Doctor who won't answer your questions?
    Anonymous

• This is a new doctor. I just started seeing him on the 13th.
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 4:19 PM on May. 21, 2009