???

I have been off of my bc since Oct. and so far no luck. I am wondering though-my mom and my aunt have both had problems with their thyroids so my question is if mine is messed up and requires medication does that affect getting pregnant?

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 11:58 AM on May. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No. I have under active thyroids. I have a 2and half years old daughter. Good look.
    cat708

Answer by cat708 at 12:01 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If you have an untreated thyroid condition it CAN affect your fertility. Infertility is one possible symptom of a thyroid problem; thyroid hormone levels are actually one of the standard first round of tests at a fertility clinic. Not everyone has all the same symptoms, but since you have a family history you should probably ask your doctor about checking your thyroid levels.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Take it from someone who HAS a thyroid problem-it DOES cause fertility problems. And if you do get prego, it could cause you to miscarry. Go get tested for thyroid problems. Good luck.
    Carista

Answer by Carista at 9:41 PM on May. 21, 2009