am i the only one??

am i the only mom out there that worries/OVER-ANALYZES about whether or not their baby is being stimulated enough throughout the day? i am a first-time mom and i am constantly worrying about whether my 4month old is getting enough stimulation in a day. every night before i go to bed i think about our day and what all we did and then i judge if it was a good day or a bad day in terms of whether my son was "stimulated". i'm going CrAzYyY thnking and worrying about this. anyone out there feel the same?! AND/OR any suggestions or reassurances for me?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well what activities do you do with her??

i personally thing i do a good job stimulating my daughter at 4 months lol.
    i take her on a daily walk get outside and some sunlight and nature... i read her her baby einstein books...she has her tummy time....plays on her play mat....her swing.... take her to the park... lots of stuff like that...
    Anonymous

• I have a thought to help...remember that babies can be overstimulated...and maybe that you are doing just enough for good and not enough to be detrimental.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I think that fact that you are so concerned with whether or not your baby is getting enough stimulation is proof that you are doing a good job. You are making an active effort to make sure that you are doing what is necessary for the growth and development of your child. Keep up the good work!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, here's something that should make you feel better -my son cried ALL DAY at 4 months old with colic and pooping issues - at least your is happy and content if you are worried about not enough stimulation..loL!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I was the same way. Take your baby out for walks, and tell her about everything that she sees. Include colors, numbers,etc. Let her touch tree bark, and let her know that it feels rough.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:24 PM on May. 21, 2009