My dr. told me I my pregnancy 4 yrs ago made my muscles in my stomach really weak and not even a tummy tuck ,diets or excersise can fix it, what do u recommend?

I heard only a muscles repair surgery but that it hurts like a c-section.. but I'm not sure if you all klnow about anything else besides that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What Dr told you this? Was it a plastic surgeon?

Personally, I'd make an appt with a plastic surgeon & get his/her opinion. A tummy tuck IS muscle repair surgery. They don't just take off the access skin, they cut the muscle, tighten them up, and resurture them.

Do some research... Goggle "tummy tuck procedure" & you'll see what I'm talking about. And yes, I've heard the pain is comparible (maybe a little worse) than a Csection. As soon as I can drop about 30 lbs & save up the money.... I'm getting one.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• oh, & sorry for the typos..... kids in hyper-drive mode at the moment.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Are you wanting flatness or strength?
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_reconditioning.html I recommend perusing this entire site, it's one of the best and most informative on postpartum abdominal recovery out there!!

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56021 Also Google "Tupler technique"

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I dont agree... but it is the easy way out.. the body can fix it self but it takes alot of work..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:12 PM on May. 21, 2009