Husband watching baby ???

Mine says he will but barely ever does I need help so bad......any suggestions? Quintin is 5 months old

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 12:40 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is your husband good with him? I literally have to ASK my husband EACH Time I need help - most men will not step up and realize it without being asked. And my husband was SO impatient with my son in the begining, even now still at 1-1/2 that I don't even bother -what type of help do you need? Time away for a break or housework ?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• need free time to do everything....my baby takes very short naps
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 12:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Most men just are uncomfortable around babies. For whatever reason they are boring, or fragile, or just overwhelming(as if you didn't know that right?lol). I am sure that he will come around in time, my husband is slowly. My husband was deployed for the first six months of dd's life, so when he came back I think he just didn't know what to do, since I had been doing everything. Just sit down and have a talk with him and tell him how overwhelmed you feel, and how you could really use the help. Set a date and time where you can get out of the house, or use specific times where you need help, i.e. bath time, changings. Most men are just oblivious, sometimes simply telling them makes them aware of what is going on and they are more inclined to help.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• seriously men are a little dumb! my boyfriend is so good with our 4 month old but NEVER gets up in the mornings with her, barely ever gets her ready for bed, or even plays with her during the days hes home from work. He is nice since he asked if i need anything...but i don't need anything, i want him to want to help! Tell him what you need him to do...or ask him if he doesnt feel comfortable with him. maybe he still is unsure. or just shake him til he realizes babies are hard work and he needs to help you!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Just leave him with her. They need the chance to get to know each other better. Go for a walk, go grocery shopping, have coffee with a friend.
    Here is a critical piece of advice: he will not take care of her the way you will. Unless he does something dangerous, do not criticize him in any way.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:20 PM on May. 21, 2009