My sister's 16th birthday

Ok, I have over a year to decide on this but am wanting input. My mother is horrible and isolates her children and controls them horribly. My poor sister is being denied a trip to an amusement park paid for by the middle school band and we all know it is because my mom is too controlling. Anyways, I was telling my husband that I want to do something special for her for her 16th birthday because she is the child my mother hates the most we believe and she puts up with so much shit. I was thinking of taking her shopping to get some nice party like clothes (my mother ALWAYS told me to go out and then never let me) and then take her and her friends to a 'bar'. We have under 21 bars where kids 16 and older are allowed to come and dance and hang out and there is no alcohol. Does that sound like a good idea? Her 16th birthday is next Nov. I would like to do something sooner but have no ideas.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 12:49 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• A bar? Are you trying to piss off your mother? lol I think there are other fun things you could do that could get her out of the house that don't include taking her to a bar. I think it is a sweet gesture on your part, but I would think of some place else you two could go together.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• But that's the thing. It isn't a real bar. There is no alcohol. Just water and soda. They just call it a bar because it is part of a chain of bars and this is their under 21 one. She could go there, hang out with friends, dance and be 100% safe.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• first,coz u thought of ur sis this is so nice,,,,ask ur mother just for asking wat sheis doing for her,,and do wat ever u want for her it will be so nice and about the place u r talking about o if u r sure that it is not alcoholic and safe so go for it,,,and be so close to her as much as u can ,,coz i think ur mother is losing her,,and god bless u honey
    Anonymous