Does anyone use a Mei Tai for baby carrying?

My son weighs 24lbs. do you think it will work well? How much does your child weigh that you use it for? Like/dislikes?

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 1:05 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have used one a few times and really liked it, but don't own one yet. I want one, it's the only thing missing from my babywearing collection! :-) I have a TenToes Click, which is a similar design and I love it - but I believe she has stopped making them.

I have a couple friends who wear their mei tais with their toddlers more than any other carrier. It's really ideal for those older babies! Almost any mei tai should be good up to about 40 lbs. The one of preference seems to be the BabyHawk.

Depending on what you're wanting from a baby carrier, a wrap might meet your need as well. I know quite a bit about wraps, and babywearing in general, so feel free to PM me!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:17 PM on May. 21, 2009