does any women up here?

.. does your husband beat you? you can be ann. i just want to know bc my ex's mother got beat and he was in the military, it tends to happen to the military wives. i honestly wouldnt put up with it, and some cant control it. i just want to know. i want to be a counsler someday and maybe this would help. :)

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 1:05 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Um as a military wife, who has a lot of military friends, I have never known one of them to be beaten. There is an excessive amount of preventatives to weed this out as well. Everytime I go to a doctor, I am asked like five times if I am afraid to go home, or if I am afraid of someone in my home. My friend went into labor early and every time her husband left the room, they damn near interrogated her to see if he was abusing her because she had gone into labor early. I think it is presumptuous to assume that it tends to happen in the military. I have met some of the most kind and gentle men that are wonderful fathers and husbands and they are in the military.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Why do people just think because someone is in the military they abuse their wives or they cheet more on their spouse. It dosnt happen any more in the military then it does if your not in the military. When your in the military it dosnt mean you get away with it either i know someone posted that before also. Sry this just frusturates me when i see things like this. And its just like the last person said i have been asked so many times if im afraid of someone in my house or if im being abused. Like i said im sry but it puts down alot of people in the military because people just assume things like this thats part of why the military gets such a bad name.
    Anonymous

• Brave men enter the military... cowards beat their wives and children.
    I think it's wrong to assume it's mainly military wives that are being abused. They could get in a lot of trouble if they were turned in for that... military is an honor, they don't like being shamed by all of things that the civilians think is "normal". Not to say it doesn't happen, but they could get in megga trouble as well as dishonorably discharged for things like that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:18 PM on May. 21, 2009