does any women up here?

get beat by their husband? i know some cant help or control the factor. but i honestly wouldnt put up with it..i know some military wives happend to, and tends to happen with military families. can answer ann. just like to know and console, i want to be a counsler one day.

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 1:07 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• my hubby is military and has never hit me.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My hubby is in the ARMY and he has never even lifted his hand at me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:12 PM on May. 21, 2009

• No. I've never been hit. However I do get talked down to and I have been raped by him. But, my son has autism and I cannot afford to be a single mother with him due to all his medical bills and therapies.
    Anonymous

• next store neighbor is in the army.they have a weird relationship.she lives up her and he is stationed in az.i know he doesnt beat her but im thinking there is verbal abuse going on .on both sides.thats why there not together.she thought he was getting out but he had other ideas.she is the most narcisistic person i know .and i can imagine a captain in the army is just not into that cause he is also into himself.just what i see.i should say they are not separated she is not that stupid she knows she would loose all her benefits and her morgage stypen.(another story)
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Um as a military wife, who has a lot of military friends, I have never known one of them to be beaten. There is an excessive amount of preventatives to weed this out as well. Everytime I go to a doctor, I am asked like five times if I am afraid to go home, or if I am afraid of someone in my home. My friend went into labor early and every time her husband left the room, they damn near interrogated her to see if he was abusing her because she had gone into labor early. I think it is presumptuous to assume that it tends to happen in the military. I have met some of the most kind and gentle men that are wonderful fathers and husbands and they are in the military.

This was posted twice so I thought I would put it in here incase you wanted to delete the other question. Anon is your spouse in the military?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I disagree that military families have this kind of dynamic. Abuse can happen in many forms in all levels of society.

To anon 1:21 you don't have to put up with this in the name of your child's sake. As a military dependent you have entitlements and benefits. What you are describing is a crime committed by your husband and it needs to be reported. You could call his command on him and see how fast he strengthens up. It is your body you say no and it means no, period.

You will not be left alone with medical bills because your child is a military dependent. there is even free therapies for children with autism sponsored by state. If you are stationed overseas, help can be arranged. You really don't need to remain in an abusive situation, it does your or your son no good. E-mail me I will let you know of plans. Just remember: You don't have to put up with this, autism is hard enough.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• anon. i feel for you sweetie. be outspoken. you need to go to court and get out of your situation find a well paying job you can do it!
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 1:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• No he isn't in the military. He works for a local magazine. I don't know anybody with a husband in the military that gets hit either.
    Anonymous

• But, if I have a well paying job...who is going to be there to take my son to his many appointments? On a slow week he has 4 therapy appointments a week. On a busy week it can be as many as 6.
    Anonymous

• I was just asking because your little boy would be taken care of if he was. As the previous poster had said. If you can verify these attacks and go to court, the judge will most likely make him carry your child under his health insurance.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:24 PM on May. 21, 2009