Pregnant while using antibiotics with a Mirena IUD?

Has anyone got pregnant with being on antibiotics and having a Mirena? My thing is that my period for last month didn't start till the 3rd of this month and for the past week & a half I've been feeling like throwing up ( which is typical for me being pregnant ). I took some antibiotics on the 16th of last month... I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative...so I'm a little bit worried about what it could be if I'm not pregnant!! Help!

BekahSethCC

Asked by BekahSethCC at 1:09 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How long have you had your IUD?
    \
    They start to delay (and eliminate) your periods the longer you have it in so you may find that you're cycle gets longer and longer. If you've gotten your period you're unlikely to be pregnant.

It's always good to use condoms when you're on antibiotics just in case though.

Maybe you have the flu? Or maybe your anxiety is making you ill? See your doctor to put your mind to rest perhaps?
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You know there is a bug going around here. Maybe it's that.....anxiety can make you sick too. I hope everything else is going well.
    Crazyhouse75

Answer by Crazyhouse75 at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2009