• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone get jealous about ex's contacting their husbands or boyfriends?

I guess I get easily Jealous but I don't like an ex contacting my hubby after 7 yrs. I find it strange that a girl would need to talk to somebody when they never kept in touch in the first place. I guess I just feel threatened but I trust him so it must just be jealousy.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 1:22 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't care if his ex contacts him since they have children together. I just find it very immature of her to get one of the kids to call for her so she can speak to him. The last time she did this I got on the phone & told her she needs to gather up some damn balls & call herself. The other bad part about is the kids they have together don't want to talk to him unless it involves use giving them money.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:26 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I didn't before I found that the stupid bitch had sent him naked pictures of herself, and the other one who has been carrying a candle for him for years, was telling him to come run away with her. He doesn't talk to them anymore, because he doesn't want to. I really didn't care before that, and I hate that they had to do that and make me suspicious.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Its completly normal to feel that way. I trust my husband probably too much. He has some female friends who he speaks to through facebook and such from high school. The only one that ever gets me mad is the ex. She doesn't come around often or even threatening for that matter but it still bugs me. Its different when its someone they said "i love you" to or someone that he spent holidays with thier families together.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We went to his high school reunion and the woman all look there best of course- this one came up to him- she put her glasses hanging on the top of her dress- so her cleaveage would show. I told him I was not feeling well so we left early. If they ever called the house I would ask them if I could help them with something, if they had the nerve-you are a couple when u are married, so it is ur business and right to know what is going on. I would never give her the satisfaction of talking to my hubby alone, I would be in the room the whole time he was on the phone- if he answered it first. If I answered it I would forget to tell him. I think when u break up the ties are cut-move on- no more contact with the ex. You have a marriage to protect- be smart- be safe.
    Anonymous

• I think it is healthy for exes to keep i contact. It is easy to still care about someone who you loved for so long. It does depend on the type of talking that is going on though. Anything inappropriate would not be good. But boring old how are you's are okay. My husbands ex does call him on occasion a rare occasion. Just to catch up. And that is okay with me. I think it is healthy. I wish my ex and I could still talk. I do hope that she stops calling eventually. I can see how your mans ex is contacting him after so many years. It is okay though as long as the conversations are appropriate. And as long as they aren't talking on a regular basis.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I guess it depends on what talking there doing. My DH, talks to ex girlfriend every once in a while Maybe it's a little different because they never married or had kids. Thank god for that! . But, I trust him completly she's a drama filled women. I don't worry because he talks to her every six months or so, they we're together for 5 years, and knew eachother for 7 years, so there's alot of history. I remain calm because one time she texted him that she really needed him to come over and he said that he would talk to her on the phone, but he wouldn't go over, because she's crazy and he didn't want to give her the wrong impression. So, unless your man is keeping stuff from you, or being kinda weried, i wouldn't worry about it. He's devoted to you, then don't let it consume you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't mind my husband getting the phone calls especially when women don't know he is with someone for good now. But I've had problems where some of these women want to act like they've been with my husband. Starting stuff, calling at 3 am, asking him to come to their apartment. I finally called a couple of them to set it straight, that I didn't mind him having females as friends but to disrespect me and our home will not happen. There are some women that I know and have met and don't mind, but you have to also be ware of women some are vindictive and manipulative. They are out to catch their prey and that is it. I know this one woman told me that the nights my husband was spending the night at his cousins he was at her house doing you know what... FUNNY THING he has not spent the night anywhere since we've been together committment wise. So I don't know who she was with but it wasn't 'him. LOL
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Contact with an EX is a big ole NEGATIVE!!!! They are EX's for a reason, and I think they should keep it that way!
    foofoomommy

Answer by foofoomommy at 3:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i am super jealous, and sometimes it makes my husband mad how bad i get, but if an ex calls or comes over i my mind switches over to guard mode and my guard is up even after she is gone. they should not call or ever come around.
    Dusti3

Answer by Dusti3 at 4:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I don't have that problem.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:39 PM on May. 21, 2009