Has anyone had a child with an eye condition called: Nystagmus???

My child was born with Nystagmus. It usually goes away by the age of 1, but unfortunately it didn't for her. It's were the eyes move at a rapid pace back and forth. So now that she is 18 months, she is having a surgical procedure to stop the Nystagmus. The procedure consists of moving the eye muscles back towards the front of the eyes. I was curious if anybody has already been through this with their baby. Also if you know how they do the procedure. Any comments would be great comfort...... Thanks

Bdcolditz

Asked by Bdcolditz at 1:23 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh honey that is so much to have to worry about. I did not have anything like that but I do see why you would want to correct it. my oldest had di-cro-so-cosis. It is where the eyes prouduce extra yellow gunk. she did however ourgrow it. did you check on-line for any info on it. Im so sorry I dont have any info for you, but I do hope all goes well for you.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 1:30 PM on May. 21, 2009