What do you give someone for retirement?

My supervisor will be retiring soon. We have organized a party and I have been elected to purchase the gift from the office. Problem is, I do not know what to get for her. I have never had to buy a retirement gift before. Help me out cafesisters!

tayanddyl

Asked by tayanddyl at 1:42 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• What about a gift certificate for a massage or facial or both?
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Do you know what her hobbies are? When my dad retired, they got him a really, really expensive golf club. When people retire at my work, they get bookends or chairs or something like that with the school logo on it (university). You could get a gift certificate to bedandbreakfast.com if you think that she'd like that. If she has a particular book that she likes, you can get her a signed edition (my dad once got a signed copy of To Kill a Mockingbird for a colleague's retirement present).
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:14 PM on May. 21, 2009