I'm looking for a gift idea ...

My supervisor will be retiring soon. We have organized a party and I have been elected to purchase the gift from the office. Problem is, I do not know what to get for her. I have never had to buy a retirement gift before. Help me out cafesisters!

tayanddyl

Asked by tayanddyl at 1:43 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Shopping

• Have everyone pitch in like 10 to 20 bucks and get her a gift certificate to her fave store/shop
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• neveragain17 Have everyone pitch in like 10 to 20 bucks and get her a gift certificate to her fave store/shop

I thought of that. I was not sure if there are gifts that are normally given for retirement or not! Thanks for your response!

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 1:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Definitely a gift card

Answer by rkoloms at 2:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Gift card, gift basket with cards in them like Starbucks or something, gas cards, winery gift certificates...etc.
    Lisa817

Answer by Lisa817 at 7:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would do a gift card in a gift basket... get a nice card signed by everyone, and put in gift card, a bottle of wine, and a few joke gifts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:56 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I agree with xxhazeldovexx A gift card is a great gift but you need to present it well. Have a nice basket with wine (teas or coffees if she is a nondrinker) gourmet chocolates and cheeses and a nice (not silly) card. That would be your best bet.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The gift card idea is always good have everybody put in some money for a gift card. for that person's favorite store.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:30 PM on May. 26, 2009