When do you start nesting?

I an 27 weeks pregnant with twin boys and all the sudden I have the urge to clean, fold all the baby clothes and put them in order. I have the urge to clean things from top to bottem. Is this normal and what does it mean? and when did you get that urge?

lilmamaof209

Asked by lilmamaof209 at 1:45 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• *sigh* Never. Although at around 38 weeks I get the urge to cry pitifully about the mess. That's about it for me. LOL
    Anonymous

• I am 20 weeks and just got around to nesting. I have deep cleaned my house a few times! I think you can start at any point. And it may come and go with your energy level!
    comeforquiet

Answer by comeforquiet at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• im 32 wks now and i dont want to clean at all lol. Im trying to be sneekey and get my husband to do most of the work lol. I just dont want to do the dishes haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm 33 weeks and I'm starting to nest. I have the urge to get everything done and organized and I'm really panicked about the things I have to rely on others to do.

I do know that when I was pregnant with my first baby I had a MUCH stronger urge to clean the whole house top to bottom at 38 weeks and I lost a ton of my mucus plug that day. I had my baby the next day.
    Anonymous

• I never really got that energy.I just do what HAS to be done.I'm 36 wks and I dont even want to get up and go to the bathroom.You can forget about deep cleaning anything.But I have got pretty good at hiding the mess.LOL
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• With my first it hit me really hard around 38 weeks,about 2 weeks before she was born; I even moved the refrigerator to clean under it. With my twins I didn't have the energy to do anything, especially at the end. Maybe you are having a final burst of energy before you get to the miserable part of a twin pregnancy - be careful not to overdo it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The past 2 weeks I've been in a cleaning frenzy that was unfortunately interrupted by me getting pneumonia..I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow..
    I was really enjoying an overly clean house=/ My destructive 19 month old brother tore it up again lol
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• when i was about 4 months alll i did was clean .. i dint think there was a time when that house was a mess..that was just how it was for me and then at about 7 months i started going crazy getting everything ready for the baby lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 2:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It hit me a few days ago. The past 2 days I've been outside trimming bushes, burning them, raking, and planting flowers. Today I've already scrubbed the fridge and deep freeze, swept and mopped the whole house, and steam cleaned the carpts. I'm 32 weeks. With my first the nesting urge hit me about 4 days before I had DS. My 2nd it was about 2 weeks before I had DD. I still have 6 weeks to go with this one. (Schelduled c-section on July 1st.)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I believe it just happend this week lol I'm 36 weeks and I finished the nursery and cleaned the whole house
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2009