have you ever had a boss that just didn't like you and wanted you to be gone

For the last 3 months i had been working at this job and the director could not stand me .i don't know why but i felt like she keep picking on me to be smart and get me to quit. well that didn't work so she went as far as making up a story saying that i hit a child and got me fired .. i am so upset because i would never hit a child i don't even hit my own let alone hit someone else's. I know she's laughing that she got her way but it hurts to see that people can be so mean and cruel.i feel really bad because i needed the money to help provide for my family and working with kids was really something i loved to do .any advice would sur help right about now ..thank you for your time and patiences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• no, never had a boss like that. I wouldn't put up being treated like that either. If she was your boss why'd she have to make something up? A boss can fire you for any reason, they wouldn't have to make anything up. Plus you wouldn't want to work for someone like her! Look for a different job. Hopefully she hasn't spread that around to too many people.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 2:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yes, I did and I was let go! "Sorry to hear you went through that....Look at it this way, it was her issue and, I hope she can sleep at night.
    Anonymous

• oh and if she has spread that lie then you may want to consider suing for libel. I think that is the word for it. I would only sue for that IF what she said is unfounded, untrue, AND prevents you from getting other work like that in the future.

I don't agree with suing but for some things I think it is worth it. And your good name IS worth it. If her lies spread you may never get a job like that again. People get talking and you may not get hired.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 2:12 PM on May. 21, 2009

• does she have a boss abover her? bc if she did i would be going in and talking to that person and telling them what happened. becuase if you put that on a application for a new job and they call and talk to her and she tells that that lie then you might not get hired? that can ruin your career.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 2:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yeap and that is why I was fired last Feb along with about 8 other people. The one good thing that happened is that I was eligible to have school paid for by the Wisconsin Dislocated Worker program for 2 years and I took it!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:17 AM on May. 22, 2009