Do you have friends who graduated college this yr./ last yr. who cant find a job for what they went to college for?

I have friends working @ restrants and stores cause student loans need to be paid and the economy is so bad they cant get jobs for what they went to college for. One had to move out west when he graduated last year to get a job in his field. I live in PA. Do you know anyone in this situation where u live?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 2:03 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• my husbands in the military and became friends with this couple. the guys wife went to college and still cant find a job for what she did in college. her hubby was in the military and she decided to just stay home till he was done, but now hes done and she still cant find a job. . its pretty sucky.
    Anonymous

• I only know a few people who graduated last year, but all of them had jobs before they even graduated. They all earned accounting degrees; it's a pretty high demand field.
    Anonymous

• Yeah- our neighbors. They were all ready to move out of the apartment once they were done with school- they started the job search early and then.. no job. So they are in the same apartment, working the same job, only now they have student loans to pay as well. BUMMER!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I know people that just graduated that are going through this.. and people that have had their degrees for YEARS that are now working at places like Walmart because they are laying off so bad. It's really insane.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Only a few. But most of my friends were smart enough to get recession proof degrees AND didn't expect to make a quarter of a million there first year.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Most of the students I know in Medical Transcription have jobs before they Graduate or shortly after.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:05 PM on May. 22, 2009