Was it because of a baby?

I am just curious how many mommies here got married because they got pregnant. I'm not talking about being engaged and getting pregnant, but having no at least immediate plans to marry but did because you were having a baby. If so do you regret it or would you recommend it to others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• We planned on getting married then I got pregnant and we moved the wedding date up.

We moved the date up because of the baby and my family's insistence on marriage before his birth.

Dont really regret it. I never recommend something like this to others. Only tell them to follow their hearts and not let their families do the deciding or guilting.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am engaged but I'm not prego we already had a daughter, but I am not going to marry him because of that, I'm going to marry him because I love him I take marrge seriously and we won't be married until I'm good and ready:) ...I have a freind that got married because she got prego, she was only 18 at the time now she's 20 with 2 kids and devoriced.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i got pregnant and then got married. not because of the baby though, my husband was about to join the military and we wanted to get married before he left. we were planning on getting married long before the pregnancy, but that and the military thing moved it up. were still happily married. i think getting married because of a kid and only that reason sets you up for a lot of pain down the road.
    Anonymous

• I hear from alot of friends and others that getting married for the baby is never a good idea. If you end up fighting down the road and having a nasty divorce because you we're never compatiable with that person from the start. Its' not worth it.
    I personally never had that happen, My husband and I dated, fell in love, married and now 3 yrs into marriage we're expecting our first!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I won't marry because of a baby. I get so mad when people try to tell me to marry my baby's father because I'm pregnant and they think our problems will magically disappear with a ring on our fingers and our relationship on paper. That's not a good enough reason for me and it won't change anything. When I am ready to marry, I will marry and it will be because of love.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• my bf and i are engaged and have a little boy. i think we'd still be getting married if we didn't get pregnant just probably not so soon. we still don't have definite plans for a wedding we feel we have the rest of our lives

r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• my parents were dating for a about a year and got pregnant. they married b/c of the pregnancy and they were together for a miserable 11 years. i was the accidental pregnancy so i swore to myself that i would never marry b/c of a baby. Their divorce was horrible it cause a lot of emotional problems for me and my brother. but happily my mom is remarried and happier than i have ever seen her and my dad is working on doing the same.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• yes we did it bc my told told me I had to and yes I regretted it. (the marriage not the baby)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2009