Piercings while your prego.

Is it safe to get your tounge peirced while your preggo?
The only reason i go annonymously is because i don't want bashed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No there's a risk of infection if the needle isn't sterile and I don't think a tattoo shop will do it

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• There is a risk of infection, especially with the tounge b/c of all the bacteria i would wait until the baby is born
    Anonymous

• do it afterwards!! When I got mine done I lost 12 lbs! haha
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 2:18 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i had mine done theres a risk of infection but as long as the shops clean and you follow the directions for cleaning you should be fine. but i couldnt eat for like a week b/c of the swelling and thats not good for the baby. also vomiting isnt good cuz of all the bacteria in that so if your still geting morning sickness definately dont do it.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 2:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It most likley would be fine but i would wait till after you have the baby. Why take the chance of there being an infection.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If you get an epidural or spinal in the hospital (by choice or in case of emergency C Section) you will have to take it out. I have had my tongue pierced for almost 13 years and mine still closes up if I take it out. I would wait. Besides the fact that I don't know about you, but me and this baby like to eat, and you will NOT be able to eat comfortably for days or even weeks after having it done. Another risk is your teeth. I don't have any issues with mine, but I know plenty of people who have chipped or broken teeth on their ring, and dental procedures aren't really recommended during pregnancy (my doc said it's fine, but many are on the fence), and it would be awful to be in pain from a broken tooth while pregnant! That's my honest advice to you, I have piercings, and will get more, I love them, but it's worth the wait!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i would wait tell after you have the baby because if you have to get a c-section for any reason they will make you take it out . plus your tounge swells really bad when you get it done and may cause you to vomit since the gag reflex is already high during prenancy
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would wait. I've had my tongue pierced and I can say the same as what these ladies are saying. There is a chance of infection, eating isn't fun, and gag reflexes -- yikes!
    Give it as a gift to yourself after baby! :)
    Cafe MicheleZ

Answer by Cafe MicheleZ at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2009